Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sneak Preview


Just a small side-note for any Ann Patchett fans out there. According to IMDB.com, there is currently a movie adaptation of Patchett's acclaimed novel Bel Canto in the works.

Italian director Bernardo Bertolucci is set to direct, and the writing credits will be shared by himself and Ms. Patchett. Bertolucci is best known for his daring films Beseiged and The Dreamers (does this mean Eva Green may star?)
I have a particular interest since I read this novel two summers ago based on a friend's recommendation, and loved it. The story revolves around a banquet of international diplomats, socialites, performers, and businessmen that is taken hostage by rebels and held for over a year. An excellent read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's exciting! I had heard something about a movie for it but thought I had dreamed it. And excuse me for one pretentious moment, but Bertolucci, good god, glorious.