Monday, February 26, 2007

The battle for J.C. dominance.


If you were to go all the way back to 1997, you would not have been chastized for perhaps thinking that Titanic had replaced the New Testament when it came to ripping good yarns. James Cameron certainly figured it did. He made a bundle off of it too; by September of the following year, the film had "King of the World'd" it's way into a tidy $600,000,000+ dollars in the US alone.


I remember running out to buy the 2-tape VHS the day it came out, just to enjoy the sheer grandure of owning what the hype had labelled one of the best films ever made. I actually remember hearing Sean Connery announce "TITANIC" as the Best Picture in that sonorous baritone of authority that he possesses.


Apparently all the adoration might have gone to James' Cameron's head (perhaps rightfully so...it's not as bad a movie as I once thought, upon reflection). Cameron is now planning to create a documentary that makes the claim that the actual tomb of Jesus Christ has been found here on Earth, thus disproving the Christian claims of Christ's divinity and ascension into heaven (a main tenet of the Church's teaching).


People are not pleased. You can find the full story here...

1 comment:

G said...

When will you people learn. Jesus tomb was taken by aliens back in 1983. I was a wee lad but I remember sitting out with my G.I. Joe and attacking the fortress of mud that I had created for the evil Megatron and the other Deceptacons. I like to blend my action figures in a hodge-podge of warfare and action, but I digress. I was but a small lad, when all of a sudden, one random day, don't remember the date but I do remember playing with my action figures...I felt this tickling at the base of my neck. I turn around, and there he is. Superman. He tells me that Jesus is throwing a party at McDonald's and I'm invited. So I hitch a ride on Superman's back, and let me tell you, man of steel....buns of steel, wow!!! So anyways, we get to McDonald's and Jesus is there and we're chilling, eating some French fries. And I ask him, where is this "supposed tomb" b/c a lot of people are interested. Turns out, it was right on this one hill up in Jerusalem and it turns out that just a few days after he crawled out of that dark abyss we know as death, some little E.T. like creatures beamed the entire tomb to their planet. So this so called NEWS Steve, is a bunch of shit. James Cameron has a very active imagination.